Leeds City Council (Safer Leeds) has enhanced its commitment to the ‘Be Safe and Feel Safe’ agenda for people when out and about in the city by joining forces with the WalkSafe Leeds personal safety app. It is free to download via https://qrco.de/be9KlK, offering a range of features to help people plan a safer journey.
The WalkSafe Leeds app includes the following features:
- WalkSafe – Type in your destination and share your route with selected friends. Includes an estimated time of arrival so your family and friends know when you should arrive.
- HomeSafe – Share your route and estimated time of arrival with friends and loved ones. This feature will automatically alert your loved ones if you fail to arrive at your destination on time.
- Friends – Add trusted friends to the app so you can easily let your friends know where you are at what time.
- SOS – hold down the SOS button to alert your friends immediately that you are in danger.
- Reporting – Issues or concerns can be raised and reported anonymously using reporting tools